Studio Locations


STUDIO LOCATIONS


Donna's Studio
Paseo de Guayabitos, (just off the main street, beside the Oxxo, near Teriyaki Alex )
Rincon de Guayabitos, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico

Galeria San Francisco
#1 Calle San Francisco, San Miguel de Allende, GTO., Mexico

tel: (cell) 045 322 888 7219
donnaleeartist@gmail.com

Monday, April 25, 2011

New Work and Happy Easter

Morning San Juan de Dios Church, 11 x 15 w.c. This is one of the few plein airs I completed almost totally on location.There were only 3 of us painting that morning so I was able to spend more time painting.With so many students leaving ,the classes have been getting smaller. I've spent this week  finishing up paintings that have been accumulating over the last couple of months. It's been fun catching up so I will be posting more soon.
Flores y Macetas 11 x 11in.watercolor. SOLD  I like the combination of Mexican pots with flowers. This came out quite loose.I have an oil version of this almost done.
This is an oil I did of a neighborhood grocery store. 9 x 12 in oil. I love those long afternoon shadows. The watercolor of this same scene follows.
Espinos Tienda a popular grocery store and corner for tacos under the palm tree. 11 x15 in.wc. This is the watercolor version.And the winner is ???? oils or watercolors?  You can leave a comment and let me know.
'Se Vende Tortillaswatercolor 11x 15in. A late afternoon scene from Oaxaca. I happened to see this scene from a bus window and luckily had my camera.
At the 'Corner of Mesones and Relox'  or (clock street) 12 x 12 oil (Sold) I really enjoy peopling my paintings theses days. In the above pieces I've featured a seller of tortillas.I'm working on a new one with a couple of Mexican guys talking. The hats are killlers.I'm still teaching a watercolor class  and oils/acrylic, and 1 Plein air . You can e- mail  me for details. Meanwhile keep painting amigos Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment